Thursday, October 8, 2009

October Family Problem

Since many of you have been hounding me for the new family problem, here it is.

The month of October brings thoughts of cemeteries (since they're spooky like Halloween). Cemeteries are full of gravestones with interesting epitaphs. An epitaph is a short phrase or poem about the dead person. Some are very touching and others can make you laugh. An example of one would be, "Here lies an atheist. All dressed up and no place to go" or one that is more serious, "As you are now, so once was I. As I am now, you too will be. So be prepared to follow me."

My challenge to you and your family is to make up epitaphs for yourselves or if that is too depressing write generic ones (no one in particular). You could be even more creative and pick cartoon, movie, or book characters and write epitaphs for them.

You need at least three epitaphs. You should simply draw tombstones and write the names and epitaphs on each. These are due by the end of the month. I can't wait to see some of your creative tombstone sayings.

No comments:

Post a Comment